Nursing/Allied Health Scholarship Opportunity
The Robin Hardy Hodgin Scholarship
This scholarship will award monies to deserving students seeking a career in nursing or allied health. Eligible students will reside within our hospital service area and possess a desire to utilize their skills and talents to serve their community at Northern Regional Hospital.
We are committed to selecting eight eligible students from one or more of the supported high schools with a one-time $1,000 award to cover the cost of tuition, books or supplies.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS – Applicant must:
- Be a resident of Surry, Carroll or Patrick County and/or attend one of the supported high schools listed.
- Complete the 12th grade and receive a high school diploma by the end of the 2020/2021 school year.
- Be considered a full a-time student at their college of choice.
- Complete the application packet by the noted deadline. This packet contains:
- A signed and fully completed application.
- A copy of their most recent certified high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores.
- A letter of acceptance for the fall semester.
- Two letters of recommendation for a teacher(s) and/or guidance counselor.
- A one page essay stating their passion for healthcare.
Scholarships are limited and based on actual and projected staffing needs at Northern Regional Hospital, as well as available funding.
For questions or more information, contact Tina Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org.