Northern OBGYN has state of the art technology including our 3/D and 4/D ultrasounds.
With over 30 years experience in ultrasound technology, our registered technicians guide you through the entire process. Ultrasound testing can be used to for diagnostics as well as provide valuable information during pregnancy.
Gynecological ultrasounds may be performed for various reasons including:
- Abnormal Bleeding
- IUD Positions
- Pelvic Pain
We also perform Sonohystrograms when indicated. This procedure involves instilling saline into the endometrium during a real-time scan to evaluate for presence of fibroids or polyps.
Ultrasounds are performed regularly during pregnancies.
- Confirm intrauterine pregnancy
- Confirm dating of pregnancy
- Confirm number of gestations
- Evaluate bleeding
- Anatomy scan, reviewing and documenting anatomy using the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine guidelines
- Position of baby
- Biophysical profiles ( baby scoring system which tells the baby’s status)
- Growth and Fluid volume
We also provide 3D/4D imagining during the second trimester on our Voluson GE ultrasound machine. We look forward to answering any questions you may have about this technology at your next appointment.